Solar APP+ Is a Step Forward for CleanTech Posted on Jul 23, 2021
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory has launched a collaborative effort with key code officials, authorities having jurisdiction, and the solar industry to develop standardized plan review software that can run compliance checks and process building permit approvals for eligible rooftop solar systems.
Solar APP+ permitting software is designed to help governments and installers with solar permitting and installation.
- Integrates with existing government software
- Automated plan review, permit approval, and project tracking
- Standardizes up to 90% of standard system plans
- Inspection checklist verification and final sign-off after installation
- Helps make permitting department workload manageable by automatically checking system designs for safety and code compliance
- Reduces install times, reduces project cancellations, and expands access to renewable energy.
Check out more about Solar APP+ including getting your local government involved here: U.S. Department of Energy Secretary launches SolarAPP+