What information do we collect and why?
We collect your name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address, information about orders you initiate, information about the webpages that you visit, information about the device and browser you use and information about the cookies installed on your device. We also collect personal information submitted by you via any messaging feature available from our Site (“Messaging Feature”).
We may also receive personal information when you purchase documents or make other requests to us via any other method.
From telephone support users, we collect your phone number, call audio and other personal information you provide us during our call. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our call to verify your identity.
From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, chat transcript, and other personal information you provide us during our chat. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our chat to verify your identity.
Why and how do we use this information?
We use this information to:
- Fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- Sell legal documents and products to you, verify your account, provide and enhance our services (including supporting or servicing your account, if applicable) and answer any questions you may have;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Improve and optimize our Site, services, content, and advertising (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns);
- Keep you posted on our latest service announcements, industry updates and upcoming events;
- Send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our services and customer communications; and
- Provide you with introductions, only upon your oral or written request for legal expert assistance, to independent attorneys in our network.
If you opt into Shopify Pay, Shopify stores and uses this information to pre-fill your checkout information. We additionally use this information to help customize and improve your experience when you visit our Site by presenting to you documents and services that are more likely to be of interest to you.
We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making -- for example, we use certain personal information (for example, IP addresses or payment information) to automatically block certain potentially fraudulent transactions for a short period of time.
When do we collect this information?
We collect this information when you use, access or visit our Site, place an order or sign up for an account on our Site, use Services offered on our Site or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our Site (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
We also collect this information when you opt into Shopify Pay, or use Shopify Pay to pre-fill your checkout information.
Additionally, we partner with third parties who provide us information about our customers, for example to help us screen out customers associated with fraud.
When and why do we share this information with third parties?
We work with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide our customers with legal documents, introductions to independent attorneys who can assist with customizing our products and to provide the Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store and we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- if one of our third-party service providers, such as Shopify or an app developer, directs us to transfer this information (for example, if we enable a third party app that accesses customer personal information).
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding.
Information from cookies and similar tracking technologies
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our Site.
Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
We may also use web beacons, software development kids, and other automated tracking methods on our Site, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
We also gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This information is used to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our users as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Site. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page of our Site. We may track this click-through data to determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your personal information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We share your personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever CleanTech Docs operates.
Our platform allows customers to connect to our store through third party applications to utilize or purchase our products and services. We are not responsible for and have no control over how these apps function, however, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that they comply with relevant privacy and data protection requirements.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We take precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We ensure that Shopify and third-party apps installed on our Site are GDPR compliant and that Shopify, as the Site’s data processor, performs annual audits to ensure its handling of our customer’s credit card information aligns with industry guidelines. Shopify is certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and our platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
We work with customers and users around the world, including in the EEA. If you are located in the EEA, your personal information is processed by Shopify’s Irish affiliate, Shopify International Ltd. As part of our service, we may transfer your personal information to other regions, including to Canada and the United States. In order to ensure that your information is protected when transferred out of the EEA, Shopify relies on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (described in more detail below), as well as inter-company agreements between our various affiliates that may process your information on behalf of Shopify International Ltd.
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, or object to certain uses of your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above, unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation. In particular we process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests, either for ourselves, our customers, our partners, or other third parties:
- To provide customers and others with our services and applications;
- To prevent risk and fraud on our platform;
- To provide communications, marketing, and advertising;
- To provide reporting and analytics;
- To help customers find and integrate with apps through our app store;
- To provide troubleshooting, support services, or to answer questions;
- To test out features or additional services; and
- To improve our services, applications, and Site.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organizational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
How do we protect your personal information across borders?
While CleanTech Docs, Inc. is a California company, we provide services to individuals, companies and our technology processes data from users around the world. Accordingly, we may transmit your personal information outside of the country, state, or province in which you are located.
Shopify complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from data subjects in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and with the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from data subjects in Switzerland. In this regard, Shopify has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfers, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, recourse, enforcement and liability.
If you are located in the EEA or in Switzerland, and believe that your personal information has been used in a manner that is not consistent with the relevant privacy policies listed above, please contact us using the information below. If your complaint or dispute remains unresolved, you may also contact the International Centre for Dispute Resolution®, the international division of the American Arbitration Association® (ICDR/AAA). This organization provides independent dispute resolution services, at no charge to you. ICDR/AAA can be contacted at http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html.
If, after attempting to resolve a dispute through ICDR/AAA, you feel that your concerns about the use of your personal information have not been resolved, you may seek resolution of the issue through binding arbitration. For more information about the binding arbitration process, please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov.
By participating in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, Shopify’s participating U.S. entities are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. For more information about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov. You can view Shopify’s certification statement at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TNSNAA4&status=Active.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Site, applications, and services may contain links to third-party Sites, products, and services. The Site and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. Please review the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to CleanTech Docs’ employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Control Over and Access to Your Personal Information
We understand that you have rights over your personal information, and take reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit our Site or use our support services, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services may not function properly. Additionally, if you use Shopify Pay and would like to have your personal information erased, please use the “Opt Out” tool at the bottom of the Shopify Pay Site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
101 S. Santa Cruz, Ave, #1704, Los Gatos, CA, 95031, United States
Effective Date: May 23, 2018, PT